what is erbium laser?
How does the treatment work?
The laser light is absorbed by the water in the skin cells, causing the instantaneous vaporization of the cell. As the laser passes across the skin, a small amount of tissue is removed at a time, allowing to treat only as deeply as needed.
How long will it take me to recover?
The healing time may vary among individuals and will depend upon the actual treatment depth, typically recovery takes from 5-14 days depending on the strength and intensity of your treatment. The more agressive the treatment the more downtime. Be sure to discuss your preferences with your provider. You may experience redness which may last several weeks.
What can be expected post-treatment?
After treatment, a sun burned sensation may occur, and slight burning, tingling or redness may appear on the treated area.
How long will the results from the treatment last?
The success of the results will depend on how well the skin is properly cared for. Smoking and excessive sun exposure will lead to damaged skin and new wrinkles can appear.
What does it treat?
- Age spots
- Stretch marks
- Non-cancerous moles
- Port wine stains
- Spider veins
before & AFter your treatment?
- You must be off Accutane for at least 12 months prior to treatment with Erbium Yag.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning beds at least 4 weeks prior and after your treatment.
- All patients must pre-treat with ZO Skin Health’s Pigment Control Program with Hydroquinone for 2-4 weeks. The pre-procedure skincare has been bundled into the cost of your first treatment.
- Ensure you have ZO Skin Health Hydrating Creme for post procedure. This can be purchased on your appointment day or online. If you cannot apply a thin layer of protectant such as Aquaphor.
- Ensure you have clean beddings on the day of your erbium treatment.
- Avoid using any skincare products containing acids, retinols, AHAs, and BHAs. May resume regular skincare after 1 week.
- NO PICKING OR ITCHING THE SKIN!!!